Railway Protection Force Physical Test Details
PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST (PET) AND PHYSICAL MEASUREMENT:
- PET will consist of three events namely, 1600mts/800mts run, High Jump and Long Jump. A candidate has to qualify in all the three events as shown in the table given below. No marks shall be awarded to any of the events. The minimum qualifying standard for each event is as specified under:
|Event||Male||Female||Number of chances|
|1600 meters||5 min 45 sec||Not applicable||One|
|800 meters||Not applicable||3 min 40 sec||One|
|High Jump||3 feet 9 inches||3 feet||Two|
|Long Jump||14 feet||9 feet||Two|
Only those applicants who qualify in the Written Examination shall be called for PET and Physical Measurement. The manner in which the candidates are to be called and the number of candidates to be called for PET and Physical Measurement will be decided in such a way that candidates, to the extent of three times the number of notified vacancies in each category, are selected purely on the basis of merit to appear for viva-voce and documents verification.
- For the sake of convenience, 1600meters/800 meters run will be held first. Applicants qualifying in this event will take part in the remaining events of PET. Height and chest of those who qualify in the PET will be measured next. Applicants, who fail in any of the events of the PET or in physical measurement, either of height or chest, will be declared ‘fail’ and shall be escorted out of the venue after putting an indelible ink mark on the index finger of the left hand. Their call letters will not be returned.
- PET will be held at a place and on a date decided by the respective Nodal Chief Security Commissioner. The applicants will be informed of the same in advance.
- There will be no PET for Ex-Servicemen.
- The call letter for PET will give further instructions, if any, on this subject.