Railway Protection Force Selection Process
Recruitment will be made based on the performance of the eligible applicants in a Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Measurement, Viva-Voce Test, Bonus Marks, if any, obtained and Documents Verification.
1. WRITTEN EXAMINATION:
- The Written Examination will consist of 120 multiple-choice objective type questions of one mark each and shall be of 90 minutes duration. The questions paper will be of matriculation standard with 120 as maximum marks. The question paper will consist of 35 questions on General Intelligence & Reasoning, 35 questions on Arithmetic and 50 questions on General Awareness. Candidates will be required to answer all the questions. Each correct answer will be awarded 1(one) mark and 1 (one) mark will be deducted for 4 (four) incorrect answers. No mark shall be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
|Group||Nodal Chief Security Commissioner||Languages|
|1||North Eastern Railway, Gorakhpur, UP.||Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati.|
|2||Eastern Railway, Kolkata.||Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Manipuri, Bengali, Oriya.|
|3||East Coast Railway, Bubhaneshwar||Hindi, English, Urdu, Oriya, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati|
|4||Southern Railway, Chennai.||Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Konkani, Marathi|
A candidate must obtain at least 35% Marks (30% in the case of SC and ST candidates) in the Written Examination for being considered for other Test/Tests.
2. PHYSICAL TEST (PET):
3. VIVA-VOCE AND DOCUMENTS VERIFICATION:
Candidates who qualify in the PET and Physical Measurement will be called for a Viva-Voce Test and Documents Verification. However, the number of candidates called for Viva-Voce and Documents Verification shall not exceed three times the number of notified vacancies in each category. The candidates must produce all original documents.
The purpose of the Viva-Voce Test is to determine the general intelligence, awareness, alertness and soldierly traits and to assess the overall suitability of the applicant for employment in the Railway Protection Force. Personal appearance in the Viva-Voce Test is compulsory. Those who fail to do so will not be considered in the final selection irrespective of their performance in the Written Examination.
Maximum mark for the Viva-Voce Test is 5.
Bonus marks (Maximum 5):
Bonus marks are allotted as under:
NCC: (Maximum mark for NCC certificates is 02)
- B Certificate of NCC 01 mark
- C Certificate of NCC – 02 mark
This benefit is not available to Ex-Servicemen.
- Represented University at inter-university sports – 01 mark
- Represented State at inter-state sports – 02 marks
- Represented India at international sports meet – 03 marks.
- Medal winner at national level sports meet – 03 marks
- A male applicant whose height is 178 cms or more and a female applicant whose height is more than165 cms will be given 03 marks as bonus.